Population (2010): 1,095
Salcha is located next to the Salcha River, a popular fishing destination. It is also next to the Tanana River. The village was first reported in 1898 by the U.S. Geological Survey as “Salchaket”, a native name meaning “the mouth of Salcha”. It is about 40 miles (64 km) south of Fairbanks on the Richardson Highway, and is part of the Fairbanks, Alaska Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Text content taken from Wikipedia.