Turning Heads Kennel
Our dog sled tours are the heart and soul of what we do. They are our way of sharing what we love with an interested public and help us sustain our kennel financially so that we can continue doing what we love! There is nothing more magical for us than getting to share dog mushing with those interested in having a wonderfully unique Alaskan experience!
THK is an an elite team of canine athletes and two mushers. Together, we travel Alaska’s vast wilderness, race the 1,000 mile Iditarod, and introduce Alaskan visitors to our amazing lifestyle. We are passionate about what we do and have had our hard work rewarded through improved race records, awards for “best dog care,” and great reviews about our tours from our many visitors.
We also love showcasing our hometown of Seward, Alaska and with the help of Seward Helicopter Tours, get to show off the exquisite beauty that surrounds our kennel by offering some amazing scenic flights of our local area!
Feature Summer Tour: Turning Heads Kennel Tour & Dog Sled Ride
Go behind the scenes of a Top Twenty Iditarod Kennel and learn about dog sledding from mushers Travis Beals and Sarah Stokey. This hands-on tour is a must do for Alaskan visitors.
- Amazing Lead Dog Demonstration and Training Exercise
- Exciting 20-Minute Sled Dog Ride
- Learn About Dog Sled Racing From Real Racers
- Meet Real Racing Huskies and Take Your Picture with Iditarod Super-Stars
- Cuddle Adorable Sled Dog Puppies
- No Extra Gear Needed. We provide it all.
- Appropriate for All Ages. Children 2 and Under Ride Free.
- Upgrade To Include Lunch
- Complimentary Pick Up and Drop Off at all Seward Area Hotels.